This week’s Customer Profile comes from Duluth, Georgia-based aesthetician Melissa Romero of Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center.
Name: Melissa Romero
Business: Laser Lights Cosmetic Laser Center
City and State of Business: Duluth, GA
1. How long have you been a skin health professional?
I have been working in the skin care industry for three years.
2. What are the primary skin types and conditions you treat?
Because I work for a plastic surgeon I see a variety of conditions, but I mostly treat aging skin.
3. On average, how many patients do you treat each week?
I see about 50 patients in a week.
4. What is the average age group you treat?
I would say from 16-75 years old.
5. Why did you become a skin health professional?
I became a skin professional because of my daughter’s experiences. My daughter has dealt with acneic, atopic dermatitis and super sensitive skin! I watched her become self-consciousness of her skin. Because of her suffering, I wanted to help others feel and look their very best!
6. Tell us about a time you improved a patient’s life by addressing their skin concerns.
I have a client who came to see me because she suffered from melasma. She was using Obagi, and had received an Erbium laser procedure and other treatments without any results. After doing a series of four PCA SKIN chemical peels, along with her home regimen of Pigment Gel®; Brightening Therapy® with TrueTone; C-Strength 20% with 5% Vitamin E and Intensive Clarity Treatment®: 0.5% pure retinol night; now her hyperpigmentation is 80% gone. She is thrilled with the results and has become one of my best marketing agents!
7. Do you have a favorite modality used in the treatment room?
I have been doing CO2 with PCA SKIN chemical peels, and it is my absolute favorite combination!
8. How are you using PCA SKIN peels with CO2?
I use PCA Peel® with Hydroquinone 15-20 minutes prior to CO2. This works great for reducing the chances of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and assisting in the removal of existing pigmentation, such as age spots.
9. What type of patient would be a candidate for CO2 laser with PCA SKIN peel?
Skin type I-III is a great candidate who also wants to erase years off their skin, improve collagen production and even surface tones. Get rid of years of sun damage and age spots!
10. What makes you a successful skin health professional?
Although I can’t cure every skin care ailment, I upgrade myself constantly with education and experience. This helps me feel more confident with giving my clients the best treatment suited for their needs. There isn’t a one-shoe-fits-all approach when it comes to skin; I adjust the products and routine according to the client’s individual skin type.
11. Why did you choose to partner with PCA SKIN?
I chose PCA SKIN because of the results! We had other professional lines in the practice and I wasn’t seeing the results that I did with PCA. PCA addresses a variety of skin conditions.
12. When did you start treating patients with PCA SKIN daily care products and professional treatments?
I started treating clients 4 months ago with PCA SKIN daily care products.
13. What is your favorite PCA SKIN daily care product and why?
My absolute favorite product is ExLinea® Peptide Smoothing Serum. This treatment serum is formulated with Argireline, to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I tell my clients this is the liquid Botox! Instant gratification.
14. Describe the different types of treatments you perform.
I perform a variety of treatments on a daily basis; anywhere from laser resurfacing to a basic facial. On a less aggressive approach, I love doing a microdermabrasion with Oxygenating Trio®, what a nice combo!
15. What is your favorite PCA SKIN professional treatment and why?
It is hard to choose just one, I love all the peels! Sensi Peel® is a favorite because I have so many clients tell me they can’t have a peel because they have rosacea or sensitive skin. This TCA solution will improve surface texture and brighten the skin while helping to promote an even skin tone. Clients are amazed and very happy to have something that works for their skin.
16. Which PCA SKIN peel is most effective and for what type of skin condition?
PCA Peel® with Hydroquinone is a great treatment for stubborn melasma. I also love to prep the skin with Clarify: Therapeutic Salicylic Acid Mask.
17. What would you say to a newly certified PCA SKIN professional?
PCA SKIN representatives are all very knowledgeable and eager to help you be the best PCA SKIN Certified Professional! I have honestly called from another treatment room while a client is waiting and asked for recommended treatment options. Always listen to what your clients concerns are. Be honest and enjoy.
If you are a PCA Certified Professional interested in being profiled in this series, please email email@example.com.