This week’s Customer Profile comes from Miami, Florida-based aesthetician Marisol Morales of Dermalaser Med Spa.
Name: Marisol Morales
Business: Dermalaser Med Spa
City and State of Business: Miami, FL
1. How long have you been a skin health professional?
2. Why did you become a skin health professional?
After a car accident at a very early age, I was left with a scar across my face. As soon as the stitches were removed I started going to an aesthetician who helped my scar heal perfectly. I saw how every day my scar improved with her massage technique, serums and creams. I understood that my skin was alive; that it was grateful of everything we were doing for it; and that all it needed was time and patience to heal the right way. I am fascinated by the skin’s healing process because it holds great memory; it remembers if we are neglecting it or taking good care of it.
3. Tell us about a time you improved a patient’s life by addressing their skin concerns.
My favorite patients are young kids suffering from acneic skin. Helping them with their self-esteem is extremely rewarding to me. I will never forget the day I received the most truthful and grateful hug from a young patient that had been struggling with acne.
4. Do you have a favorite modality used in the treatment room?
Chemical peels and fractionated bi-polar radiofrequency (controlled dermal heating) are my favorite modalities to use in the treatment room.
5. What makes you a successful skin health professional?
What makes me a successful skin health professional is constant education, and the best products and machines available on the market.
6. Why did you choose to partner with PCA SKIN?
I chose to partner with PCA SKIN because of the education available to the professionals as well as the patients; the quality of ingredients and delivery systems.
7. What is your favorite PCA SKIN daily care product?
8. What is your favorite PCA SKIN professional treatment?
My favorite professional treatment is PCA Peel® with Hydroquinone & Resorcinol.
9. What would you say to a newly certified PCA SKIN professional?
I would tell a newly certified professional to take advantage of PCA’s education and follow protocols.
If you are a PCA Certified Professional interested in being profiled in this series, please email email@example.com.