This week’s Customer Profile comes from Oregon-based aesthetician Carrie Gallic of Absolute Health Medical Center.
Name: Carrie Gallic
Business: Absolute Health Medical Center
City and State of Business: Eugene, OR
1. How long have you been a skin health professional?
I have been working in the skin industry for six years.
2. What are the primary skin types and conditions you treat?
Because I work for a naturopathic doctor, I see a wide variety of conditions. However, if I had to choose, I would say sun damaged skin and aging skin.
3. On average, how many patients do you treat each week?
I see about 12 patients in a week.
4. What is the average age group you treat?
I would say from 20-60 years young.
5. Why did you become a skin health professional?
I became a skin professional because of my own personal experiences. When I was young, I dealt with acneic skin, so I knew the feelings of self-consciousness mixed with embarrassment. Because of that, I developed this deep desire to help others look and feel their very best — both internally and externally! It’s my passion and my job is to share that with others.
6. Tell us about a time you improved a patient’s life by addressing their skin concerns.
Oh, I love this question. I have a client who came to see me because she was self-conscious about the sun damage around her face. Sure enough, after doing a series of six PCA SKIN chemical peels, her hyperpigmentation lightened up dramatically. She no longer “needs” to wear makeup. And as the damage to her face softened, her self-confidence and assuredness increased. It’s beautiful to watch her carry herself with more personal contentment.
7. Do you have a favorite modality used in the treatment room?
I have been doing micro-needling, and it’s becoming very popular in conjunction with the Sensi Peel®.
8. What makes you a successful skin health professional?
Building my clients’ trust is the ultimate key to being a successful skin health professional. Once that’s established, I believe my natural zest for skin and its inherent beauty is an encouragement to my clients!
9. Why did you choose to partner with PCA SKIN?
I chose PCA SKIN because of my own experience with the product. It is very effective, whether you have acneic, sensitive, dry, sun-damaged or aging skin. You can customize each treatment plan to fit your clients’ needs.
10. When did you start treating patients with PCA SKIN daily care products and professional treatments?
I started treating people in 2009, while working for a hair removal company.
11. What is your favorite PCA SKIN daily care product and why?
There are two things that I always say are imperative to skin’s overall health: vitamin C and A. I like to start my clients on A&C Synergy Serum®. It is a multi-faceted PCA product that works double-time to keep patients’ skin healthy and clear from both acne and uneven skin tone. Additionally, this is a great product to mix with PCA’s C-Strength® 15% or 20% with Vitamin E to encourage both the skin brightening and antioxidant protection that all patients need.
12. What is your favorite PCA SKIN professional treatment and why?
The Ultra Peel Forte® chemical peel — physicians’ strength formula — softens fine lines and smooths while tightening the skin. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! This treatment is the most amazing peel available and it delivers great results.
13. What would you say to a newly certified PCA SKIN professional?
Never be too afraid to do the following: first and foremost, call your PCA SKIN representatives. They are waiting to answer any of your questions. Second, step out of your comfort zone and try new PCA products. Finally, relax and have fun…remember, you are in charge!
If you are a PCA Certified Professional interested in being profiled in this series, please email email@example.com.