This week’s Customer Profile comes from Florida-based aesthetician Susan Rivera of Facial Appeal.
Name: Susan Rivera
Business: Facial Appeal
City and State of Business: Lakewood Ranch, FL
1. How long have you been a skin health professional?
2. What are the primary skin types and conditions you treat?
Sun damaged and aging skin
3. On average, how many patients do you treat each week?
We’re opening up new space, so hopefully many to come!
4. What is the average age group you treat?
35-70-year-old men and women
5. Why did you become a skin health professional?
Beauty and cosmetics have always been of great interest to me from a young age. Deciding to attend school to learn about skin care was really a no brainer. I should’ve done so earlier, but ultimately I ended up starting at the right time for me. I look forward to going into work, it’s fun. There are so many modalities to learn and, honestly, this profession has helped me branch out to do other things like my permanent makeup.
6. Tell us about a time you improved a patient’s life by addressing their skin concerns.
Recently, I obtained a new client who I’ve been treating with chemical peels for her hyperpigmentation. She is so thrilled at how, in such a short time, her skin condition has improved. Not only is she noticing a difference, but her friends and coworkers are asking her what she’s doing.
7. Do you have a favorite modality in the treatment room?
I have to say that I love to add dermaplaning to almost all my treatments.
8. What makes you a successful skin health professional?
I most importantly listen to my patients’ concerns. I never over-promise and always stay realistic in how they will ultimately improve their skin. I think my clients appreciate that and trust me. If you get your clients to trust you, they will be more apt to try new things.
9. Why did you choose to partner with PCA SKIN?
I have found that the treatments are very effective. There are many treatments I can do and customize with their products.
10. When did you start treating patients with PCA SKIN daily care products and professional treatments?
11. What is your favorite PCA SKIN daily care product and why? I like Rejuvenating Serum.
It’s really a great add-on for any skin type, has great ingredients. It really targets lines and wrinkles, and helps the skin stay clear and glowing.
12. What is your favorite PCA SKIN professional treatment and why?
Sensi Peel. Like the PCA motto says, “Progressive, not aggressive!” I can still treat my clients with this blended TCA peel who have rosacea or others who have a sensitive skin type, and they still get wonderful results.
13. What would you say to a newly certified PCA SKIN professional?
I learned about PCA SKIN while I was in school. I have learned about and been exposed to many, many other lines. In the end, I chose PCA to put in my new business. There is always continuing education available and their staff support is fantastic. I can call any time and know that I will get a very qualified and knowledgeable staff member who can answer any of my questions and concerns. This means a lot to me.
If you are a PCA Certified Professional interested in being profiled in this series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.