This week’s Customer Profile comes from Georgia-based aesthetician Renata Nall!
Name: Renata Nall
Business: Anti-Aging Skin Studio By Renata
City and State of Business: Roswell, GA
1. How long have you been a skin health professional?
2. What skin conditions do you primarily treat?
We treat every skin type on the full spectrum of the Fitzpatrick scale. The conditions we treat include hyperpigmentation, hypopigmentation, sun damage, liver spots, scarring and some acne.
3. Why did you become a skin health professional?
I have been doing skincare since 1993. I used to do makeup for runway modeling and I always wondered why doing makeup on some people was so easy while on others it required more work. This slowly led me to become interested in learning about different skin types. I was also curious about what effects nature and the environment had on our skin. I started studying skincare on my own and I later underwent formal education in the field. After school, I was lucky enough to get picked up by plastic surgeons and dermatologists; but six years ago, I decided to open my own independent practice.
4. Tell us about a time you improved a patient’s life by addressing their skin concerns.
Most of our clients are between the ages of 35 and 70. Because of skin complications, some clients have low self-esteem and no confidence in themselves. They try to cover up their faces by wearing lots of makeup, sunglasses, big hats or using their hair. Causes for these problems range from using the wrong products, aging, skin disorders, accidents, cancer and other diseases. By working with these people, it makes me feel good when I see them slowly wear less makeup (or no makeup at all) and open up to the world. There is a great feeling of satisfaction from gaining their trust and seeing them blossom overtime.
5. Do you have a favorite modality used in the treatment room?
I like to do dermaplaning together with chemical peels or microdermabrasion as a combination. I also like to incorporate dermaplaning into facials and occasionally do microcurrent treatments.
6. What makes you a successful skin health professional?
My support system, clients and expertise keep me going. I also keep up with the newest trends in medical and holistic skin services.
7. Why did you choose to partner with PCA SKIN?
I discovered PCA about 15 years ago and have been using their products ever since. I like how their products respond to my patients’ skin and I like the variety of peels and the different combinations of the products and serums that the company offers. I very rarely have had any patients have any problems or allergic reactions.
8. When did you start treating patients with PCA SKIN daily care products and professional treatments?
15 years ago.
9. What is your favorite PCA SKIN daily care product? Why?
I like Collagen Hydrator. It keeps me moisturized and glowing throughout the day.
10. What is your favorite PCA SKIN professional treatment? Why?
Sensi Peel® because it works on various types of skin, and it compliments dermaplaning, microdermabrasion and microcurrent.
11. What would you say to a newly certified PCA SKIN professional?
Learn the products, learn the line and give it a chance. Take courses if possible. Speak to PCA customer service or reach out to others who carry PCA products in your area.
If you are a PCA Certified Professional interested in being profiled in this series, please email email@example.com.