The cooler autumn weather can be difficult for our skin to adapt to without some assistance. There are many exciting and beneficial ways to combine products and treatments to rejuvenate skin after a long summer in the sun and prepare it for the winter ahead.To help you and your patients achieve healthy, beautiful skin this time of year, consider this PCA SKIN® fall-friendly treatment protocol, that will improve skin health and maintain results, no matter the temperature or the season.
Hydration and Detoxification Treatment
This treatment features Hydrate: Therapeutic Oat Milk Mask with Activator (Step 1 from the Oxygenating Trio®) and Detoxifier (Step 2 from the Oxygenating Trio®) to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and deliver a brighter and clearer complexion.
1. Facial Wash Oily/Problem (pHaze 1) — Cleanse the area of treatment thoroughly. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Smoothing Toner (pHaze 2) — Apply to gently prep (degrease) the skin. This product may sting or tingle on some individuals. Assess sensitivity by asking the patient, “On a scale of one to ten, ten being extremely active, how do you rate this sensation (or feeling)?”
3. Hydrate: Therapeutic Oat Milk Mask — Apply a quarter-sized amount to the area of treatment using a fan brush. For best results, massage the mask into the skin with gloved hands. Use the scale of 1 to 10 to gauge sensitivity. Fan the skin to keep the patient cool. Allow the mask to remain on the skin for up to 10 minutes. Remove completely with cotton squares moistened with warm water.
4. Activator (Step 1 from the Oxygenating Trio®) — Pour a dime-sized amount into a small peel dish. Apply generously with a brush over the entire area of treatment. Allow to penetrate and dry thoroughly. The patient will feel internal warming as the oxygenation process is being stimulated.
5. Detoxifier (Step 2 from the Oxygenating Trio®) — Massage a small amount into the skin with your fingers in a circular motion for approximately two minutes. Take your time with this process as this step drives Activator (Step 1) into the skin and promotes circulation. Remove any obvious excess by gently blotting with a tissue or with Nutrient Toner (pHaze 5) on a cotton pad.
6. ExLinea® Peptide Smoothing Serum (pHaze 25) — Apply to areas of laxity and wrinkling.
7. C-Quench® Antioxidant Serum (pHaze 15+) — Apply a dime-sized amount for additional strengthening and hydrating benefits.
8. Hydrating Serum (pHaze 43) — Apply a dime-sized amount to the area of treatment to encourage ceramide, essential fatty acid (EFA) and moisture retention, improving the overall function of the skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF).
9. Oxygenator (Step 3 from the Oxygenating Trio®) — Massage a small amount into the skin with your fingers in a circular motion over the entire area of treatment. A little of this product goes a long way, so do not overuse. Avoid contact with the eyebrows and hair due to possibility of bleaching. Coverage should be thin, even and thorough.
retinoid booster (optional)
10. Esthetique Peel — Apply one pump for increased exfoliation, purifying benefits and an even skin tone. Gently spread the product over the area of treatment, keeping the application even and thin.
hydrate and protect
11. ReBalance (pHaze 17) and Perfecting Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 30 — Complete the treatment with this combination to calm, hydrate and protect the skin from UVA and UVB exposure. An alternate PCA SKIN® broad spectrum SPF product may be used to increase customization: Weightless Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45 for oily, breakout-prone skin; Protecting Hydrator Broad Spectrum SPF 30 for normal to oily skin; or Hydrator Plus Broad Spectrum SPF 30 for normal to dry skin.