The colder temperatures and lower humidity of the fall and winter months tend to lead to dry, chapped lips. The skin on the lips is thinner than facial skin and does not have the natural barrier function to protect them from environmental challenges. Also, saliva contains some of our digestive enzymes, which can be irritating and exacerbate dryness and chapping.
To fix dry lips and keep them full, hydrated and healthy all year, follow these weekly guidelines:
- Avoid licking your lips, as this is dehydrating and can lead to chapping.
- Apply Peptide Lip Therapy twice daily to hydrate, plump and protect the delicate skin on the lips.
- Apply the appropriate PCA SKIN broad spectrum SPF product under Peptide Lip Therapy in the daytime to protect from damaging UV rays.
- Perform the following protocol weekly to exfoliate, smooth and nourish the lips.
lip renewal treatment
1. Cleanse the entire face with a dime-sized amount of Facial Sash. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
2. Massage a pea-sized amount of Gentle Exfoliant in a circular motion over the lip area. Remove with warm water.
3. Apply one pump of Rejuvenating Serum to help stimulate healthy cell proliferation, leading to healthier, smoother lips.
4. Apply a pea-sized amount of Silkcoat® Balm for soothing and maximum hydration.
5. Finish with a liberal application of Peptide Lip Therapy.
If you perform this treatment in the daytime, remember to apply the appropriate PCA SKIN broad spectrum SPF product before applying Peptide Lip Therapy to protect from UV rays.
We are happy that Peptide Lip Therapy won Prevention magazine’s 2010 Defy Your Age Beauty Award!